We plan sensitively and individually for each child’s learning and development within the statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage. We provide dynamic and enabling environments both inside and out creating learning environments in which all children can thrive, whatever their individual background, ability or interests. We actively promote British values within daily nursery life to establish high standards of personal and social behaviour.
Through our planning we encourage each child with:
- Language and literacy development -through reading, poetry, finger rhymes and an extensive use of books, stories and story sacks (books with puppets/props that bring the stories alive).
- Mark making, letter formation, progressing to unaided writing of news and stories.
- Number recognition, counting skills and basic mathematical concepts.
- First level Information Technology and use of computers.
- Colour recognition.
- Early science, geography, history and religious concepts.
- Early European Languages, (normally French and Spanish).
- Physical play and development through extensive use of movement, dance and drama.
- Developmental music, rhythm, listening skills and singing.
- Craft activities encouraging independence and imagination, and sensory, creative and manipulative skills.
- High standards of personal and social behaviour.