At Willow Cottage we encourage interesting and exciting music for every age, even our younger members of the Nursery Department! We enable children to use a wide range of instruments and listen to a variety of different types of music. We include the imaginative use of puppets, story sacks, and materials to make the sessions fun and have lots of ‘music to movement’ and dance.
We encourage the children to:
- Sing songs (and poems) from memory.
- Investigate the sounds made by a variety of musical instruments.
- Explore Pulse and Rhythm patterns.
- Listen to and explore classical music.
- Listen to and enjoy different types of music and also music varieties from around the world.
- To understand concepts such as; high and low, fast and slow, long and short, loud and quiet, and silence.