We are looking for a cook who can prepare wholesome meals for our children aged 6 months to 4 years. We operate a 3 week rolling menu comprising simple to make recipes. We only serve healthy food – such as low sugar recipes and we use fresh produce which we prepare from scratch. The menu is adjusted for the seasons of the year and we source all our meat from a local butcher to ensure that we maintain a high level of quality.
The Old School at Bletchingdon is a beautiful Victorian school which was completely refurbished, prior to opening as a nursery in 2016, and the kitchen has been specifically designed for meet all the requirements of food preparation during the course of the nursery day. The Old School is one of three nurseries, in the Willow Cottage family of childcare settings.
As a Nursery Cook you would be involved in:
- Able to work in an organised and orderly way in close consultation with the Manager, Deputy Manager and the Management Team
- Have high standards of food preparation and cleanliness and be prepared to work to the Safer Food Better Business requirements.
- Be willing to understand and co-operate with the nursery staff as they prepare food activities with the children and in the serving of the food.
- Able to understand and comply with the individual dietary requirements of the children
- Be able to plan ahead and to produce the shopping lists for the set menu.
- Capable of managing a regular cleaning routine, notifying management of any issues that might require maintenance so that the setting might retain it’s 5 Stars on the Doors award.
- A good communicator who can work with other members of staff in a co-operative manner.
- Be flexible to work occasionally at our other settings (Eynsham OX29 4EH and Farmoor OX2 9NS) so a driving licence and car would be preferred
- We do celebrate special occasions, so we need a person who can give us additional catering support when needed.
If you are an experienced cook; aware of COSHH regulations; and of a friendly and approachable disposition, we would be delighted if you would apply.
|Location(s)||Bletchingdon Old School.|
|Salary||£10.00 – £12.00 per hour (dependent on qualifications and experience)|
5 days per week – Monday to Friday
(Please note we are a 51 week a year nursery and this is not a term time position.)
|Experience||We would prefer a candidate who has a Food Hygiene qualification but training will be available.|
|Closing Date||Open until appointed|
|Additional||We auto enrol new employees in the NEST pension scheme after 3 months employment.|
Willow Cottage Nurseries are a group of exciting and cutting edge nurseries rated Outstanding by Ofsted. There are lots of great reasons to join our team – find out more about Working for Willow Cottage.
Our staff teams are passionate about working with the Early Years and we take safeguarding and safer recruitment seriously. Have you got our other Qualities Required for Successfully Joining Our Team
If you are this person and want to join our award winning team then here is How to Apply.
Willow Cottage Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have a clear DBS check and to sign up for the DBS Update Service. We will also require the successful applicant to complete a Staff Disqualification Declaration and a Health Declaration.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We will select applicants for interview based on their ability to do the job and ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation