Nursery Team Leader
We are looking for an exceptional Early Years practitioner with a passion for leadership and a vision for delivering the highest quality education and childcare. As Team Leader you will be primarily in ratio and responsible for leading and organising our Kindergarten Department (2-4 year olds) at our Farmoor nursery (OX2 9NS). This is currently a team of 9 qualified staff and 1 apprentice.
Characteristics of the Team Leader
- Provide vision and direction – You will be involved in shaping the department's practise and delivery of the EYFS to the highest standard, including planning a rich curriculum of activities.
- Inspire and motivate – Your leadership skills will be required to help bring the best out of the team of practitioners and assistants.
- Drive up standards – You will help to train and hold your team accountable to deliver the highest standards of education and childcare and have high expectations of all children.
- Knowledge and Experience – You will need a thorough understanding of the EYFS, experience of working with children 2 – 4 years and be aware of the latest research findings in Early Years.
- Support the Management Team – You will work with the setting management team providing cover and support where required.
- Organisation and Team Work – You will need excellent organisational skills and be able to establish a culture of collaboration and co-operation between colleagues and multi-agency professionals to support SEN, parent partnership, development records including EyLog, Health and Safety,Safeguarding, etc.
- Safeguarding – Understand and implement, with your team, the Safeguarding Policy to maintain a robust system for monitoring the children in our care.
What we can offer you :
- Well organised management structure within a small nursery chain.
- Free parking on site
- Beautiful countryside setting with exceptional outdoor facilities
- NEST pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual pay review
- Good promotion prospects
- Continual professional development
- Friendly and long serving members
“No job has given me the variety that working with children has. I love being able to come to work, not knowing what to expect and trying to bring as much positivity into children’s lives as possible. One of the most rewarding aspects of this job, is having so many opportunities to smile, with both the children and with colleagues, who share the same passion. I think that working with children has taught me to never take things too seriously and to enjoy the little things in life as much as possible”.
– Ben (Team Leader)
Willow Cottage Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have a clear DBS check and to sign up for the DBS Update Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. We will select applicants for interview based on their ability to do the job and ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
|Salary||Dependent on qualifications and experience (This is an enhanced salary due to the size of the department.)|
|Qualified to||Early Childhood Studies degree (with placements); Level 3 in Childcare; or other full and relevant childcare qualification. EYTS would be advantageous.|
|Experience|| At least 2 years’ experience as a Room Leader, with proven examples of how you
have inspired exceptional delivery of the EYFS.
Face to face Generalist Safeguarding training, Paediatric First and Food Hygiene are
Willow Cottage Nurseries are an exciting and cutting edge nursery group rated Outstanding by Ofsted. There are lots of great reasons to join our team, find out more about Working for Willow Cottage.
Our staff teams are passionate about working with the Early Year. Have you got our other Qualities Required for Successfully Joining Our Team.
If you are this person and want to join our award winning team then here is How to Apply.